Change

I came back from a trip to Israel over a month ago and it's been a whirlwind of change ever since. 

The discipleship school at which I work is out for the "summer."  It's our off season, or as my housemate Billy wittily dubbed it, the "O.S."  I think we are currently in the 8th or 9th week of the O.S.
My job is different.  I substitute teach when I can, and I teach drum lessons on Thursdays, which could be seen as less "spiritual" than standing in front of students every day teaching the Bible and engaging in worship. 
There have been changes in my relationships.
Changes in housemates - there are six of us left over from the school year now, with the soon and anticipated arrival of Matt Crum.  
And the Lyme symptoms have also gotten worse.  Again. 

But one thing remains the same, and that is my chief goal and ambition of life: to connect with Jesus Christ at the heart level each and every day of my life; through sickness and health, victory and disappointment, and prayer meetings and parties alike.  I crave Him.  He holds me together, infuses me with divine breath, and inspires me.

Sometimes He simply enables me to not quit. 

I may be in a different kind of season, but I hope to find once again that Jesus is as real at the supermarket, at the continuation high school, and behind the drum set as much as the church service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Discovered That Jesus Really Wants a House-of-Prayer-Church

Advertisement For a New Christianity

Endure the Cross; Despise the Shame